We are a responsible steward of the information we hold. We recognize our responsibility to protect all the data that users entrust to us. We take security issues seriously.
At Haystack Information Discovery (“HAYSTACKID”), we are committed to protecting the privacy, accuracy and reliability of any personal information you choose to provide and to safeguarding such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. This online privacy statement describes HAYSTACKID’s current online practices with respect to personal information collected through this website. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not disclose any personal information to us.
This online privacy statement was last amended on June 27th, 2013.
Location of Website Manager
This website is managed by HAYSTACKID based in New York, NY, USA. Should you choose to contact us and provide personal information please be informed that such information is provided to our Corporate Office in the USA. Such information may subsequently be transferred to any of our subsidiary or affiliated companies under the circumstances described below.
Collection of Personal Information
In general, you can visit this website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information.
However, if you want to access certain enhanced and premium services offered through this site, such as HAYSTACKID’s industry focused e-mail newsletters, exclusive content and advantage webinars, you will be required to provide some personal information, which will include but not be limited to your name, email address, and company name. Additionally, you will be given a user name and password and required to provide them whenever you access the enhanced and premium features on this website.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Should you choose to contact us or otherwise provide us with personal information:
• We may share such personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies in order to provide the services you have requested. These subsidiaries and affiliated companies will deal with your personal information in accordance with this online privacy statement.
• We also may share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties who process information on behalf of HAYSTACKID for the purpose of carrying out administrative, marketing, professional or technological support functions. In such instances, HAYSTACKID shall restrict the use such third parties may make of the information, in particular require that these third parties keep this information confidential.
• As permitted by law, we may from time to time use your personal information to make you aware of additional products and services generally, which may be of interest to you.
• As permitted by law we may disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties with whom we may enter into joint venture agreements, branding agreements or other strategic alliances in relation to products you have purchased or for which you have sought information, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganization, liquidation or other similar event.
• Finally, we may be required to disclose personal information by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, for interacting with governmental anti-fraud databases, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to protect and defend the rights or property of HAYSTACKID, to protect the personal safety of HAYSTACKID website users or to take precautions against legal liability. We reserve the right to contact appropriate authorities when activities that are illegal or violate our policies are taking place on a HAYSTACKID website.
Internet Protocol Addresses
An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. If you request pages from this website, our server will enter your IP address into a log. We store IP addresses for a period of time to assist law enforcement authorities and Internet Service Providers in the investigation of breaches of our in-house rules or terms of service, and to help identify visitors who threaten our service, site, customers or others.
We also will use this information to measure site traffic for purposes of system administration. This aggregate data also helps us to understand how people are using the website and helps us improve your online experience.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that is transferred to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that we can recognize you as a repeat visitor.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated, unique number.
Cookies are commonly used by most major websites to arrange their content to match your preferred interests.
You also have the option of restricting the placing of these cookies on your computer by altering the security settings of your web browser. Before altering any settings on your computer, you are strongly advised to familiarize yourself with this task by referring to the “Help” function for further information. You are also advised that totally disabling cookies may affect your ability to navigate this and certain other sites.
Please note if you access this website from different computers in different locations, you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
How We Protect Personal Information
HAYSTACKID takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access through the use of network firewalls, physical security, and use and access policies for employees. The security measures in place, at our physical premises and on this website, aim to protect against the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of the information provided to us.
Safeguarding Children’s Privacy
HAYSTACKID does not knowingly collect personal information or any other identifying data from children under 13 years of age. Should a child, whom we know to be under 13 years of age, send us personal information, we will immediately delete that information from our database.
This website may provide links to various websites. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred from this website and connected to the website of the organization or company that you selected. Even if an affiliation exists between HAYSTACKID and such website, HAYSTACKID may not exercise any control over linked sites and we do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these websites. Unless specifically stated this online privacy statement does not govern the data collection and use practices of those sites.
If you visit a website that is linked to this website, please familiarize yourself with that site’s privacy practices before providing any personal information.
If you do not wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Unsubscribe in the Subject Line.
To inform us of inaccuracies or changes to the personal information we hold on you, please email us at email@example.com. HAYSTACKID will, in accordance with applicable law, update, grant access to or delete such information. Please note, requests to correct or delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Questions, Comments and Complaints
For all questions or comments, on our privacy practices or in the event of a complaint please contact:
The Office of Compliance and Ethics
1330 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 23
New York, NY 10019, USA